For 400 years, the King James Bible has impacted millions of people, influenced culture, and transcended numerous generations.
With more than 6 billion copies published, the Bible is the most popular book in the world, and the King James Bible is the most published Bible translation. Its inspired words has brought peace, joy, and hope to millions of people and is regarded today as one of the most accurate translations.
- The Bible is the best selling and most distributed book of all time. Estimated more than 6 billion copies published1
- Originally written in 3 languages: Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic2
- Written over a span of 1,000 or more years3
- Written by more than 40 authors, including kings, prophets, poets, musicians, and fisherman4
- Books include letters, poetry, songs, legal documentation, eyewitness accounts, biographies, historical literature and documents5
- Translated into 2,454 languages of the world's estimated 6,500 total languages6
- It is commonly believed that the writing of the Old and New Testament was inspired by God
- Bible Society 1992 survey (http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/about-the-bible/what-is-the-bible/what-is-the-bible-2/ also http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/bestsellerFARQ.html)
- Bible Society (http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/about-the-bible/what-is-the-bible/what-is-the-bible-2/)
- United Bible Societies (http://www.unitedbiblesocieties.org/?page_id=2)