Last time we finished with the verse:
KJG 1 Corinthians 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
TBT 1 Corinthians 7:16 τί γὰρ οἶδας, γύναι, εἰ τὸν ἄνδρα σώσεις; ἢ τί οἶδας, ἄνερ, εἰ τὴν γυναῖκα σώσεις;
This salvation would come by way of the environment set up by the believer and it should be remembered that in the Acts period believers in the Lord had gifts given severally as the Lord willed. The obvious and clear manifestation of this witness coupled with a loving environment supplied by the believeing part would have a very strong influence on the unbelieving part.
It is true that we do not have these gifts today and must rely on other manifestaions to bring the unbelieving partner to Christ -- these would include:-
- A consistent faithful life before man and God
- A clear presentation of the gospel
- The logical and powerful presentation of answers to questions which the unbeliever raised
- Apologetics ( Logical answers about God's nature and creation)
- Right Division ( The Bible seen as logical, trustworthy and dependable)
- Loving environment -- Love will ultimately win.