The Out-Resurrection: Translation of the Saints
THE OUT-FROM RESURRECTION Philippians 3:11
- CONCERNING OUR LORD - - HIS OUT-FROM RESURRECTION. "Declared the Son of God in power (inherent) according to the Spirit of Holiness out-from a resurrection of the dead." (Rom. 1:4) "...Neither wilt thou suffer shine Holy One to see corruption" (Psa. 16:10)
- CONCERNING " INTERVENTION" - - THE KEY TO OUT-FROM RESURRECTION. "...the testimony of our Lord...God... hath saved us and called us with a Holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before times eternal, but now made manifest through the intervention (to SHINE upon) of our Saviour Christ Jesus, abrogating on one hand death, bringing to light on the other life (eternal) and incorruption..." (II Tim. 1:8-10) [The words in bold are from the Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, Marshall's literal English translation with the Nestle Greek text.]
- CONCERNING PAUL'S TESTIMONY. Confidence in obedience to the law because of the flesh: NONE (Phil. 3:4-7). Loss of all that had been considered gain prior to The Mystery - now considered to be DUNG (Phil. 3:8). Righteousness now through the faith of Christ, that is, the righteousness out of God which is based upon The Faith (the whole body of truth in this context). (Phil. 3:9) Personal faith: my response and belief in The Faith.
- CONCERNING THE ATTAINABILITY OF THE OUT-FROM RESURRECTION. "That I may get to know Him and the power (inherent) of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, being conformed to His death, if by any means (somehow) I may attain (experimentally) the out-from resurrection, out from the dead" (Phil. 3:10, 11). "...one thing I do, forgetting the things behind (things I once counted gain), stretching forward to a goal, for a prize " - the above-calling of God in Christ Jesus (Phil. 3:13, 14), a reference to Phil. 3:11. "...For our citizenship (homeland) exists in heavens (far above - Eph. 1:21) where also we await a saviour the Lord Jesus Christ, who will change this body of our humiliation, making it conform to His glorious body according to His ability to energize and subject (the) all things to Himself" (Phil. 3:20, 21).
- CONCERNING PAUL'S LAST COMMENT ON THE "INTERVENTION" (TO SHINE UPON). "...the time of my departure (meaning to loose from above) has arrived...I have kept the faith...There is laid up for me the Crown of Righteousness. (He did the right thing.).not for me only, but also to all the ones having loved (continuous action) His appearing (divine intervention)" (II Tim. 4:6-8)
The "out-from resurrection" - out from the living dead (unbelievers) and dead bodies in the grave to life and incorruption is not the resurrection of prophecy - which was the hope of all believers prior to The Mystery. After The Mystery was revealed to the Apostle Paul, the "out-resurrection" of Phil. 3:10 is an attainable event, which is the "prize" of Philippians 3:11-14.
[Paul was assured of the "Rapture" during the Acts period - see I Thess. 4:13-18, where he expected to be alive at the time of that event. Note, however, after the Acts period, in Phil. 3:10, he states, "if by any means I might attain to the (out) resurrection (out) from (among) the dead (bodies)." Thus, the "rapture" is not the same as the "out-resurrection." Editor's note.] . "...It is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful" (I Cor. 4:2).