Last time we looked at the passages below (Welch). This structure allows us to see the scope of the verses. A couple of points pop right out as we compare and contrast words and phrases in the structure. This process brings to our attention useful insights which remind us and augment what we have learnt.
- b: Man's wisdom equates to the spirit of the world while in c the spirit of God is the Holy Spirit
- a: Things of God revealed corresponds with explained by by spiritual means.
- C: Revelation -- Discernment -- God reveals through spiritual discernment
- B: None knew -- they had the spirit of the world BUT "we" have the mind of Christ.
- A: Wisdom can only be spoken to the mature -- the reason Paul could not speak this wisdom to the Corinthians was that they were Babes.
This time we shall comment on what the Holy Spirit says next as He speaks through the human instrument of Paul.